Metal Industry Wage Negotiation Update and Strike Handling Webinar
Wage talks in the metal industry recommenced in 2021. With the MEIBC in difficulty, the industry under severe pressure and the looming threat of further rating downgrades, the stakes couldn’t be higher. Whilst the parties are working feverishly to come up with lasting solutions to a set of challenges never before seen in the industry, the threat of industrial action is growing.
Join the SA Engineers and Founders Association, in collaboration with Gordon Angus and Associates for a 2-hour webinar to discuss the developments in the Main Agreement Wage Negotiations and how to prepare for industrial action.
Email Gordon for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A brief background to the 2021 wage negotiations
- State of the MEIBC
- Relationships between stakeholders
- Analysis of 2011 and 2014 negotiations
- Analysis of the 2017 negotiations
- Employee demands
- Employer response
- Update on engagements between parties
- Industrial action and the law: Requirements of the LRA and MEIBC Constitution
- Practical management action during strikes
- Security concerns
- Collecting evidence
- Communication strategies
- Picketing agreements
- The use of replacement labour
- Industrial action and the Main Agreement and BCEA: What are the employer’s rights?
The course will be facilitated by Gordon Angus, Director, Gordon Angus& Associates and Executive Director of the South African Engineers’ & Founders’ Association. Gordon has over 16 years’ experience in industrial relations and has participated in collective bargaining in the metal industry for over 18 years.
Date On request